A spin-off Sonic game with the gameplay of Puyo Puyo and based of The Sonic Cartoon Show: "The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog."
The gameplay is similar to Puyo Puyo. The player tries to get 4 pieces together, twice or more in a row, to try to overfill the opponent's side with as many dark green beans (black in the Master system/Game Gear version) as they can to defeat their opponent. There are 13 stages in the game. Each level can be continued with a password system. There are 3 (4 in the game gear version) methods of gameplay.
- Davy Sprocket
- Sir Ffuzzy-logik
- Dragon Breath
- Dr. Robotnik
- Sega Genesis Version
- North America: November 1993
- Europe: November 1993
- Sega Game Gear Version
- North America: December 1993
- Europe: January 1994
- Sega Master System Version:
- Europe: July 26th, 1994
- South America: July 26th, 1994
Differences between the Genesis and Master System/Game Gear versions:Edit
- in The Genesis Version of the game, you have a countdown timer for the game over screen, whereas in the Master System/Game Gear version, there is no countdown on the Game Over Screen.
- Whereas the Genesis version shows you the levels go in an order, the Master System/Game Gear version shows you all the levels on one screen.
- The Genesis version has a faster version of the normal music starting at the Davy Sprocket stage, whereas in the Master System/Game Gear version, the music doesn't change till stage 9.
- In the Genesis version, there are intros for the chararter before the stage starts, whereas in the Master System/Game Gear version, it just goes to the stage right away.
- 3 themes from Puyo Puyo and the Lesson stages from Puyo Puyo are still in the coding in the Genesis version, but they aren't used in the game at all.
- The French version has a different Box artwork
- Both The Game Gear version and Genesis version got re-released on Sonic Mega Collection+ for the PS2.