This page is excessively messy, opinion based, or otherwise very poorly written. It will be rewritten soon and restored to the standards of the wiki thank you for your understanding.
This article is a stub. You can help by adding more text to the article, and maybe even a link to the game's article on Wikipedia.
|Sonic the Hedgehog 2|
The second game of the Sonic series, and the first game to feature the Spindash
The gameplay is similar to the first game, except that this game has 2 acts instead of 3. The game also introduces the spindash, which is done by taping the jump button while ducking. Other new elements the game introduces include: The checkpoints have an expanded purpose, when you get 50 rings, you can jump into a ring, and into the Special stage, and unlike the games that came before it, this game also has 7 Chaos Emeralds instead of 6, and is also the first appearance of Super Sonic in the series.
- Emerald Hill Zone
- Chemical Plant Zone
- Aquatic Ruin Zone
- Casino Night Zone
- Hill Top Zone
- Mystic Cave Zone
- Hidden Palace Zone (2013 re-release only)
- Oil Ocean Zone
- Sky Chase Zone
- Wing Fortress Zone
- Death Egg Zone
Scrapped Zones Edit
This is a list of scrapped zones of Sonic the Hedgehog 2:
- Genocide City Zone (mistransltion of "Cyber City Zone" in development)
- Hidden Palace Zone (came back in the iOS version of Sonic 2)
- Wood Zone
- Dust Hill Zone (The name was used for Mystic Cave Zone in the Simon Wai Prototype, but the actual zone was just an empty level)
- Green Hill Zone (coding for Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1 still exists in the coding, along with a leftover in the Simon Wai Beta and the zone existed in it's full form in the Nick Arcade Prototype)