This is a subpage of unused content in Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
Sonic and Knuckles Zones Edit
During development, Sonic the Hedgehog 3, and Sonic and Knuckles were originally one big game, but at some point of development, the game split into 2, although there is leftovers of the Sonic and Knuckles Zones in Sonic the Hedgehog 3.
Flying Battery Zone Edit
The most famous of the removed zones, during development, it was originally between Carnival Night Zone and IceCap Zone, the level still retains the original layout of the level, although the graphics of the Zone are screwed up. And there is no floor, the bosses for both acts, title card, save icon and music for both acts are all that remain for Flying Battery Zone.
Other Zones Edit
- Mushroom Valley: game crashes on the title card with glitched graphics.
- Sandpolis Zone: Game freezes on the title card, the title card lacks the name of the Zone.
- Lava Reef: Semi-playable, the game can access the zone, and get past the title card, but crashes once the zone is loaded.
- Sky Sanctuary: Game freezes on the title card, and after the title card appears on screen, the colours invert. (interestly, "Act 2" (the Knuckles version of Sky Sanctuary) uses the Death Egg Act 1 music.)
- Death Egg Zone: same result as Sandoplis Zone (although both Death Egg Acts use the Death Egg Act 2 music)
- Doomsday Zone: Much like Lava Reef, except it crashes onto a Purple coloured screen.
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Leftovers Edit
The game does have some Sonic the Hedgehog 2 leftovers, including the options menu from Sonic 2 (which doesn't serve much purpose, except for a different way to access the level select) and a leftover from that game's continue screen.